Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
1.1 Who are we?
Enterprise Foods have a network of regional operations managers uniquely placed across the UK whose job is to bring local suppliers to market. Each is an expert in their area and have built relationships with the local suppliers near them.
We are constantly sourcing new suppliers and our portfolio of over 500 suppliers and 18,000+ products cover all food and drink product categories:
Nuts & Snacks
Sweets & confectionery
Our GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- (01355 611 020)
Data We Collect?
The personal data we need to collect in order to transact our business is as follows:
To provide the best possible service to our customers we need to hold and process certain information on those customers. Enterprise Foods only require personal details that will genuinely help us to deliver our service, such as name, job role and contact details. Contact details include, but are not limited to, telephone number, email address and first and last names.
Where we have entered in a contractual agreement with our customers to deliver products and services we will process the appropriate and required information in order to do so, for example the address details of the company.
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Fielding queries from our customers regarding our joint business transactions.
- Making customers aware of new products and services we offer.
- For the arranging of site visits for category management purposes.
To provide the best possible service to our suppliers we need to process certain information. Enterprise Foods only require personal details that will genuinely help us to deliver our service, such as name, job role and contact details. Contact details include, but are not limited to, telephone number, email address and first and last names.
We also need other information such as Supplier bank details so that we can pay for the services you provide.
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Fielding queries from our suppliers regarding our joint business transactions.
- Arranging Food Safety audits.
- Arranging joint marketing activities with our suppliers.
Our legal basis for processing for the personal data
- Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR states that we can process your data where it “is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by [us] or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights or freedoms of [you] which require protection of personal data.
We think it reasonable that if we have transacted business with a partner within the past 5 years, that there is legitimate interest that a partner will continue to benefit from continued communication from Enterprise Foods, even if we are not directly trading with the partner any longer, until that time limit is exceeded. At this point, we will dispose of any personal information held on the partner in accordance with our Secure Disposal of Storage Media Procedure
Additionally, we want to provide potential partners with the opportunity to hear about our products and services and request additional information from us. We therefore deem it that if you operate in a sector that regularly benefits from our products and services and your information has been made available in the public domain that we can contact you to advise you of our products and services.
We will have an upfront and honest approach to this and provide you with the opportunity to opt out of any further communications from us.
Article 6(1)(b) gives us lawful basis for processing personal data where; “processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract”
In this context, a contract does not have to be a formal signed document, or even written down, as long as there is an agreement which meets the requirements of contract law. Broadly speaking, this means that the terms have been offered and accepted, you both intend them to be legally binding, and there is an element of exchange (usually an exchange of goods or services for money, but this can be anything of value).
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Enterprise Foods to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing or contacting us via telephone contact details are supplied within this policy.
Enterprise Foods will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your written consent.
1.4 Retention period
Enterprise Foods will process personal data for and will store the personal data according to the following schedule:
|Partner Type||Retention Period|
|Customer||5 years after the date of the last customer invoice or credit note|
|Supplier||5 years after the date of the last supplier invoice or credit note|
|Other Partner||5 years after the date of the last direct communication from the Partner to Enterprise Foods|
1.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst we are in possession of, or are processing, your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Enterprise Foods refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
|DPO / GDPR Owner contact details|
|Contact Name:||Andy Gardner|
|Address line 1:||Unit 2|
|Address line 2:||Napier Building|
|Address line 3:||Scottish Enterprise Technology Park|
|Address line 4:||Reynolds Avenue|
|Address line 5:||East Kilbride|
|Telephone:||01355 611 020|
Enterprise Foods bridge the gap between great local food and drink suppliers and national customers. Est. in 1995 we have over 20 years experience making local work.
Enterprise Foods, Unit 2 Napier Building, Scottish Enterprise Technology Park, Reynolds Avenue, East Kilbride, Glasgow G75 0AF